Monthly LucaNet Release Train
Since June 2018, LucaNet AG has been following a strictly time-driven release train model. We distinguish between a monthly feature release and a long-term support release (LTS) maintained over two years.
- The LucaNet Release Train consists of software releases (so-called feature releases) that appear each month. The end-of-life of these monthly feature releases is reached after a month. The release train ends each year with the LTS release in November and starts once again in December with the first release of the next release train.
- Implications for users: Our customers should stay on the release train until the November release (i.e. until the next LTS release) and install the newest updates every month. If not, you will be working with a release that will have already reached EOL status and will no longer be maintained.
End-of-Life (EOL) of LucaNet 11 LTS
LucaNet 11 LTS reached EOL status in November 2020 and will therefore no longer be maintained. If you are still working with the version LucaNet 9.2, LucaNet 10, LucaNet 11.4, or LucaNet 11 LTS, we recommend migrating to a higher LucaNet version as soon as possible. The reasons for this include the following:
- EOL versions no longer receive maintenance from LucaNet and should always be updated to a current LucaNet version for reasons of security and functionality.
- Since all versions prior to LucaNet 11 LTS use a Java version that is no longer supported by Oracle, security loopholes can occur.
- Furthermore, LucaNet versions prior to LucaNet 11 LTS will no longer work as soon as your infrastructure is converted to Java 11 or higher.
General Availability (GA) of LucaNet 13 LTS
We are pleased to be able to offer our customers LucaNet 13 LTS as a release since November 2, 2020. As a long-term support release (LTS), LucaNet 13 LTS will be maintained for two years and will not reach end-of-life (EOL) status until November 7, 2022. LucaNet 13 LTS contains numerous exciting features, which you can read about here in summary.